You have your digital wallet and it’s filled with ETH and/or IMX tokens? Nice. It’s time to buy your Bitverse NFT Hero!
Head to https://thebitverse.io and ensure your popup blocker is temporarily disabled (if it’s enabled you’ll run into issues connecting your wallet to the site).
Click on the “Buy Your Hero” button and you’ll see a screen with three steps:
- You’ll need to sign into your Immutable X compatible digital wallet (we recommend Metamask or Magic Wallet). Click the “Connect your wallet” button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you don't have a wallet yet, you can check out our guide on how to make one HERE OR select “use a different wallet” in the Immutable X pop-up and input your email address to have a wallet created for you.
- Immutable X will ask to connect to your wallet. Your wallet will then ask if you wish to connect to Immutable X. You’ll need to enable both of these to complete the connection. This allows the Immutable X blockchain and your wallet to communicate with each other.
- Immutable X will ask if you wish to sign in with your wallet. You will then need to ‘sign’ your wallet to enable this. By signing your wallet, you are allowing it to interact with Immutable X
Don't worry, you’ll still need to give permission before any transactions can take place. Once you’ve successfully connected your wallet, you’ll see the following screen:
Here you can see prices and select the NFT portal rarity you’d like (for more information about the perks that come with each rarity, check out our post HERE). When a person selects one of the Portal types they will be shown the % chance of getting a NFT Hero of a certain rarity once they “open” the Portal.
You’ll see a few different options for payment (ETH, USDC, or IMX Tokens); pick which one you’d like to pay with and then click the “Purchase” button…your portal will soon be delivered! Note: it’s not currently possible to split your payment so you’ll need the full price available in ETH, USDC, or IMX. For example, if you have 200 IMX tokens but are 100 short of paying for your purchase, you’ll need to acquire the full purchase amount in IMX tokens.
On this screen are two additional buttons: Deposit and Debit Card. These are there to help you transfer or acquire crypto from this screen if needed.
- Deposit - This method allows you to transfer funds that you may have within your wallet but are not on the IMX blockchain. If you hit this button, a series of pop-ups from IMX will occur that will guide you on how to move funds from the Ethereum chain (Layer1 or L1) to the IMX chain (Layer2 or L2). Once the funds are transferred you should be able to make a purchase. Please know that this transfer from L1 to L2 can take several minutes. This is outside of our control.
- Debit Card - This method allows you to purchase tokens via MoonPay, an outside crypto exchange. You will be able to use a credit or debit card to purchase ETH and have it deposited into your wallet. This process is done outside of Kongregate’s control and involves IMX, MoonPay and the players bank/financial institution. The country the player resides in can also affect their experience.
Click on the “inventory” button at the top of the page to see your new Portal...click on “open portal” and you’ll be presented with a pop-up from Immutable X asking to confirm transfer of the portal. You must confirm the transfer to reveal your Bitverse NFT Hero!
Note: it could take several minutes for the NFT Hero to show up in your wallet and inventory. This is due to the IMX blockchain and the lag is outside of our control, but it should only be a temporary delay. Once opened, you can see all of your NFT Heroes (you can have multiple) in your Inventory on thebitverse.io.
Note: when clicking the “Inventory” button you may be prompted to sign in again; this is safe to do as many times as you need and does not indicate something is wrong with your account.